This is a mix of the compilation album “An Endless Journey – From Ambient to Trip Hop” allegedly Vol. 2, but it was actually the first (and best) of three compilations from Italian record label, A Family Affair.
Check out the HearThis.at embed to listen to my take on this classic.
This compilation came out in 1996 at a time when the term ‘trip hop’ was pretty new still, and the ambient genre was still largely defined by Brian Eno albums, but it’s definitely worth a listen as an excellent snap shot of the time, but also as it brought together some first class talent. It’s also not available on the streaming services I know of, so this may be your only chance for a splash of nostalgia!
This show was 2nd in the global instrumental hip hop chart, 11th in the global nu jazz chart, 29th in the global ambient chart, 33rd in the global beats chart and 53rd in the global chillout chart.
- Nobukazu Takemura – Crescent (Monika’s Universe Mix)
- Silent Poets – Elements
- S-Tone Inc. – The Sweetest Thing
- Yada Yada – The Journey Within
- D*Note – D*Votion
- Capitaine Nemo – Transmission
- Ghittoni – Derek Jarman BLUEs
- Visit Venus – Harlem Overdrive
- A.P.E. – No. 5
- Vibrazioni Productions – Jean Seberg #2
- Reflection – The Wall With Paintings
- Upanishad – The Waters Ritual