This is a loose jazzy-worldy-beats mix. Plenty of nu jazz, some killer beats from Georgia Anne Muldrow and FSOL, plus some mindbending musicianship from Tangents, Tony Allen, Nubya Garcia and Ezra Collective. Try dancing to Nate Smith’s Skip Step and you’ll discover the hidden beat in a seemingly 4/4 banger. With Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders and the London Symphony Orchestra collab as well, it’s all here.
Oh and did I mention the bit where Rollerball (1975) predicts both the corporate takeover of democracy and knowledge, and Google’s search engine?
Do you choose freedom or comfort?
This show was 1st in the global instrumental hip hop chart, 6th in the global dub chart, 9th in the global nu jazz chart, 32nd in the global world chart and 49th in the global jazz chart.
- Tandem – Felbm
- Mollison Dub – Joe Armon-Jones
- Ou-Ou-Ta – Hailu Mergia
- Radio Skit – The Warriors (1979)
- Lotus Flower – The Souljazz Orchestra
- KIEFER NO MELODY – Sam Gendel & Sam Wilkes
- Brokenfolks – Georgia Anne Muldrow
- Diaspora – Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah
- Acturum Esse – The Future Sound Of London
- Movement 6 – Pharoah Sanders, Floating Points and the London Symphony Orchestra
- Black Focus – Yussef Kamaal
- Exaptation – Tangents
- L.O.V.E. and You and I – Jazzanova
- Skip Step – Nate Smith
- Robbers, Thugs and Muggers – Tony Allen & Hugh Masekela
- Impressions – Portico Quartet
- Dark Side Riddim – Ezra Collective
- Smooth – Tommy Guerrero
- Cranes (In The Sky) – Ashley Henry
- Devil Worm – Ola Kvernberg
- Tremendoce – Otis Sandsjo, Petter Eldh, Dan Nicholls, Tio Weber, Jonas Kullhammar & Per “Texas” Johansson
- Together Is A Beautiful Place To Be – Nubya Garcia