This is my mix of the classic Ninja Tune compilation album, Funkjazztical Tricknology. Check it out on Mixcloud 🙂
I also recently mixed the compilation that came out the year after this, Flexistentialism, which veered into a bit of d’n’b as well as the staple Ninja territory of instrumental hip hop beats and interesting jazzy basslines with a hint of world music every so often.
There really isn’t a weak track on this record, but the bassline from opener Dark Lady really sticks with you! I dirtied it up a little just for the heck of it, but this is essentially pretty faithful to the original recordings. It also includes my all time favourite Funki Porcini track, which just had to be the closer.
This show was 6th in the global trip hop chart, 7th in the global instrumental hip hop chart and 82nd in the global ambient chart.
- Dark Lady(ies) – DJ Food (+ Skint + 808 State mixes)
- Mella – DJ Food
- Rusty Goes Gaga – DJ Toolz
- The Real Killer – The Herbaliser
- Dark Aeco – DJ Food
- Train – 9 Lazy 9 (Marden Hill remix)
- Y Ahora Tu – Up, Bustle & Out
- Coffee At Senor Roody’s – Up, Bustle & Out
- Consciousness v.2 (Ultraconsciousness) – DJ Food (Ashley Beadle remix)
- Dub Lion (Remake) – DJ Food
- Listen To The Beat – London Funk Allstars
- Black Jesus – 9 Lazy 9
- The Herb – 9 Lazy 9
- Dark Blood – DJ Food
- Electric Lazyland – 9 Lazy 9
- Eine Kleine Hedmusik – Coldcut
- Deep Shit pt 1 & pt 2 – Kruder & Dorfmeister
- Onamission – Coldcut
- Sunvibes – DJ Food (Attica Blues remix)
- It’s A Long Road – Funki Porcini